Sometimes Opencart store returns with ‘Error 404 – Not Found’ for the inner pages. This happens due to the incorrect settings for. Let’s see how to deal with that:
- Make sure to have enabled first of all. Navigate to System> Settings > your store > Server > Use . Set them to ‘YES’ and save changes:
- Access your server files and locate ‘. .txt’ file in the root of the Opencart installation. Rename the file to be ‘. ’. Delete .txt extension:
- Next, go to the site admin panel once again. Navigate to Catalog> Products> select the product> Edit> Data>
Note: the same change ofURL should be performed for each product of the store.
URL there. It contains the actual user-friendly link. By default, it has spaces. They can’t be actually used. Therefore content of the to have no spaces. Replace them with hyphens or underscore only. Make sure that this contains unique combination of words, as duplicates are forbidden:
- In case your
is installed to the subfolder (as in our case), one more change is required:
- Get back to the server files once again and locate there the same . file. Open it to edit.
- Find the following line there (around line #20):
where theme### is unique name of your theme:
- Replace the URL reference with the name of subfolder for your store, for example:
Note: make sure to have closing slash after the subfolder name.
- Save changes and reload the file.